My Services Include:
* Access to me 24/7 by phone/email throughout your pregnancy and up to 4 weeks postpartum period.
* I will encourage you to get adequate rest, nutrition and fluids in early labor. I will assist you in using a variety of positions that are conducive to effective laboring; constantly focusing on the comfort of both you and your spouse/partner. I will make sure your environment is one in which you feel comfortable and safe. I will keep fluids constantly available; keep track of contraction frequency and duration; remind you to go to the bathroom consistently throughout. I will call your birth place (your midwife if a home birth) once the decision has been made to go, letting them know how your labor has been so far and that you are on your way; and assist in the move from home to hospital.
* At your birth place I work cooperatively with the hospital staff/midwife in getting you settled and completing the initial paperwork and procedures.
* As you approach transition and the second stage of labor (pushing) I will coach you through breathing and position changes… I will encourage you to listen to your body in pushing your baby out the way that works best for you.
* Amateur Photography is available during labor, birth, and after to capture your experience if desired.
* Support through unexpected outcomes(i.e. c-section, epidural, IFM…) providing understanding of what may be occurring.
* Breastfeeding support immediately following birth and guidance in the first days (to assist with proper latch, encouragement, answer questions)
* A visit postpartum to review birth and answer any new questions and to check on how everyone is adapting.